Finding the right medical weight loss center may be the first step in finally achieving a healthy weight. You know the extra pounds are putting you at risk for health problems and sapping your energy. You’re ready to do something about it. Now, select the right medical weight loss center and get started! Here’s how.
1. Check out the Staff. This is research you can probably do online, but follow up with questions about the experience and credentials of the staff when you visit. You want a certified bariatric doctor at the head – that’s a doctor who specializes in weight loss and weight related disease. But, look beyond the doctor. Are their nurse practitioners, nurses and other medical personnel on staff? Some weight loss centers may even have a psychologist on staff to help you reach your goal. You want a center with a dedicated, credentialed staff.
2. Go for a Visit. You want to see the facility and meet the staff. Evaluate the center and its staff. Do you feel comfortable? Does the staff make you feel like they are ready to be partners in your weight loss program? Is the facility clean and well kept? This is the place where you are going to go to get help. Do you feel reassured that they will be able to give you that help?
3. Are Different Diets Available? Each person is different. Each lifestyle is different. Ask about the variety of diet plans offered. If you want one that includes pre-packaged food, do they have that diet plan? If you get discouraged before you get started, do they have a fast start plan? You want to know that they have different diet prescriptions available so you can be assured that there is one that will work for you. You want to find a weight loss center that will personalize a diet that will work for you.
4. Will the Weight Loss Center continue to Help you Reach and Keep an Ideal Weight? You want a weight loss center that will offer you the education to lead a healthier lifestyle and will help you maintain your weight loss. Make sure that they will be there if you need them in the future.
5. Convenience Counts. And, it may be more important than you think. Research shows that clients who come in for frequent weigh-ins and support are the ones most likely to succeed. Choose a weight loss clinic that is convenient to you – maybe one on your traffic pattern to and from the office. You’re much more likely to take advantage of the center if it’s easy. Choosing one clear across town may not be the best start to your diet plan.
Weight loss centers should have a professional staff with the correct credentials, but you also want them to be able to be supportive and motivating. Take your time. Look at the results of their clients. Read the reviews. When you choose the right medical weight loss clinic, you’re off to a good start on a healthier you!