Dieting isn’t just for women. Being at a healthy weight is just as important for men. And, just like women they also have their own reasons for wanting to get rid of extra pounds. Here are 5 reasons men want to lose weight.
1. Setting a Good Example and Being Healthy. Every man wants to be healthy. They want to play that afternoon soccer or football game with their friends and be a winner – not out of breath on the sidelines. But, once a man has a family, being healthy becomes even more important. As a Dad, he wants to set a good example for the kids. He wants to have the energy to keep up with them. Being healthy is important to men and a reason to set them on a weight loss journey.
2. That Big Event is Coming. Just like women, men want to look their best – even show off a bit – when that big day is coming. It may be his wedding and that’s a huge incentive to look great! Or, it could be that class reunion or just a family gathering for the Holidays. And, of course, men are going to have to put on swim trunks for that day at the beach or by the pool. Those extra pounds need to go.
3. It’s Time to Get in the Game. It could be time to go looking for love – or it could just be a desire to meet new people. Whether he’s headed for the local hot spot or thinking about joining a weekend sports team, a man wants to look good. It’s another incentive to go on a diet.
4. Enjoy Sex More – and, maybe, even more often. There’s no doubt that having a healthy sex live is important and a healthy weight helps that happen. Losing weight may increase the libido and it will certainly make being naked more comfortable. It’s time for men to come out from under the sheets and show off their flatter stomach and better body.
5. He Wants to Feel Better about Himself. Losing weight not only makes a man look better; it’s a real confidence boost. Being successful at weight loss can pay off by being more confident in every aspect of his life – from the office to the dating game. It also proves that he can set a goal and meet it – that’s impressive!
Just like women, men are looking for the best way to lose weight and more of them are finding it at a medical weight loss center. They may hear about it from a friend or even a successful sportscaster who has been to a center. When a man goes, he gets the same advantages as the opposite sex. He’ll work with the pros to get a personalized diet that may include a motivating fast start plus a plan for the future so the weight stays off – all under the care of a doctor who specializes in weight loss. No wonder more men are finding their way to shed those extra pounds.