If you’re thinking you need to lose weight to feel better and be healthier, add these 5 benefits of weight loss. Knowing the rewards may help you finally lose those extra pounds. Here are 5 ways they will help you feel mentally more positive.
1. You’ll have Better Self-Esteem. You’re more confident. You’re not putting yourself down because of being overweight. You’re not self-conscious when you meet new people or go out in a group. You’ve reached a major goal. You feel better – you look better. It pays off by boosting your self-esteem and that can open the door to trying new experiences and enjoying life more.
2. You Depend on Yourself – not what you eat. It’s been proven that food can be a crutch. The bag of potato chips or the quart of ice cream are used to deal with emotions all too often. In the past, you may have relied on food when you felt sad or depressed. You may have celebrated by overindulging in your favorite treat. As the pounds come off, your dependence on food lessens. You learn to express yourself again and to deal with emotions – happy or sad – with new confidence instead of food.
3. You Like your Body. And, it’s important that we like who we are whether we’re at our goal weight or still trying to lose weight. You’ll learn to look in the mirror and see the progress you’ve made and feel proud. You’ll learn to like your body and accept its imperfections because no body is perfect! Liking your body and being proud of what you’ve accomplished is going to give you new confidence and a new enjoyment of yourself and your life.
4. You’re Going to Feel Better Physically. Your everyday physical benefits may be amazing. Suddenly, you sleep better. You’ll have more energy. Your joints may have less pain since they are carrying less weight. You can move! If walking to the mailbox used to be a chore, you may find that walking a mile is easy and fun. Another benefit – as you move more, your body creates more endorphins. That’s the “happy” hormone and it’s going to make you feel great!
5. You’re Going to Feel Better Mentally. Studies have shown that when as people lose weight, their depressive symptoms are reduced. Your life may become more balanced as your dependence on food lessens and you concentrate more on yourself. It all works together to make your life happier and to make you happier about you.
There are so many good reasons to lose weight – especially if you are very heavy. It’s easy to count those reasons, but it’s harder to start shedding those pounds. Get the help and encouragement you need. Many have found it at a medical weight loss center. Under the care of a doctor who specializes in weight loss, these centers can jump start your efforts with a rapid weight loss start and, then, keep you on track so you reach your goal weight and maintain it. If you’re looking for serious help, call a medical weight loss center and ask for a free consultation. It may be your path to success.