What can a chemical peel do? Do I have choices? Here are 5 things to know about chemical peels.
1. How Does It Work? A chemical peel is a bit like a controlled sunburn. Your face is treated so that the top layers of skin peel off, leaving your skin looking younger and fresher. They approve the skins appearance by revealing that “new” skin that is smoother, has a more uniform coloring and has reduced fine line and wrinkles.
2. What Will It Do? A chemical peel will work to do the following:
* Reduce fine lines;
* Treats sun damage and aging. It can soften wrinkles to improve your appearance;
* Improve the appearance of mild scarring and certain types of acne;
* Even your complexion by reducing age spots, freckles and dark patches, and
* Improve the texture and look of your skin.
3. Do You Have Choices? Of course! Chemical peels range from mild to powerful. Ask for a consultation and let the experts help decide which one is best for you. They will help you decide what will work best for you — a mild, medium-depth or deep peel.
4. Watch Out For The Sun. Your “new” skin will be very sensitive to the sun. Be sure to not only limit you time in the sun, but wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a SPF of 30. Wearing a wide-brimmed hat is also a good idea.
5. Can I Have A Chemical Peel More Than Once? Yes, if you love the results you can have a peel more than one time. In fact, in some cases a series of peels is recommended for the best results. How often you can have a peel will depend in part on the strength of the peel. So, if you love the new you, talk to your provider for a recommended schedule of repeating peels.
Medical spas are experienced with all types of chemical peels, laser facial treatments and facials. You can ask for a consultation at a medical spa in your city and get the answer you need to create that youthful glow!