They say the eyes are the window of the soul and if that’s true, it’s our eyelashes that frame them. You want them to be long and lush. You’ve envied the women who have them. You’ve admired babies who are born with them. You love beautiful lashes. There’s a reason you like them. Here are 6 things long lashes do for our eyes and for us.
1. It’s Everywhere. Long lashes are connected to beauty all over the world. They are a symbol of beauty no matter where you are. We know different cultures have different standards of beauty, but lashes are constant. After all, did you ever hear someone say, “what lovely short, sparse eyelashes you have”?
2. We Flirt with Our Eyes. You can go to online sites and learn how to flirt with the sideways glance or the come-hither look. So, what makes your eyes stand out against the rest? It’s your lashes and the way they frame your eyes to add mystique to that flirty gaze.
3. Wide Open Eyes. Your lashes make your eyes look wider and more open. Wide, open eyes are not only feminine; they make people view you as more trustworthy. People are more likely to believe what you have to say – an advantage in any encounter, business or personal.
4. Men! There have been Countless Surveys and They all Point to One Thing. Men are attracted to women with beautiful eyes. Your lashes play a big role in setting off your eyes and making them the best that they can be.
5. They Make You Feel Good. When we look good, we feel good about ourselves. We are more confident and our self-esteem rises. Eyelashes are an important part of how we look. If you weren’t lucky enough to be born with them, you probably spend time trying to enhance the one you have or you worry about their lack of length and fullness.
6. They Make Makeup Easier. Long eyelashes make you look attractive for the getgo. It’s even been said that creating a perfect lash is a shortcut to applying makeup – you don’t need as much — your lashes are already saying you’re beautiful! You can take advantage of both ends of the makeup spectrum. You can go with the latest and brightest glittery looks or you can keep your makeup minimal and natural. Either way, your eyelashes are going to make your look work.
You’ve watched your favorite movie star go from chin-length hair one day to long, flowing locks the next. They do it with extensions and that’s probably not the only place they’re using those extensions. You can enhance you lashes with falsies or coats of mascara, but eyelash extensions are also available for a natural way to have the long, thick lashes you want. Whatever you choose to enhance your eyelashes, don’t neglect them – your eyelashes do frame the window to your soul!