Your eyes are the mirrors of your soul. They reflect your smile and make it genuine. They well up with tears of joy – or sorrow. They help flirt and they definitely are one of the features people notice about you. Here are 5 things you may not know about your eyes.
1. Sleep On Your Back. Why? Because you don’t want to detract from the beauty of your eyes and that come-hither look. When you sleep on your side or stomach you can cause fluids to collect under your eyes. Those eye bags are not something you want. So, listen to the advice of New York City dermatologist, Dr. Eric Schweiger and sleep on your back.
2. Dry Eyes Water. You’re not sad. You don’t have allergies so why are your eyes watering? A gland holds all those tears that might fall at the romantic ending of a great movie, but if they’re falling and you can’t figure out why, they’re doing a different job. They’re releasing tears to lubricate eyes that are too dry.
3. Eyelashes Aren’t For Forever. You lose eyelashes every day – maybe only one or as many as four. Rub your eyes, use too much makeup or a harsh eye makeup remover and you may be losing more. Your eyelashes aren’t going to win a race. They only grow about one centimeter every 2 to 4 weeks so protect the ones you have.
4. Your Eye Color Can Change. About 10% to 15% of the population experience a change of eye color up to the age of 3 years. It’s not just a one-way color change. Eyes can get darker or lighter. Usually the change occurs around the age of one year.
5. Your Eyes Are Delicate. And, damaging them may harm your sight. However, there’s some built-in protection – those eyelashes and your eyelids. They not only enhance your beauty; they work to keep your eyes safe. Eyelids spread your lubricating tears across the eye. Think of them as windshield wipers keeping your eyes moist and healthy. Your eyelashes are like little antennae. They’re sensing even the smallest incoming particles and telling you to blink.
If you weren’t blessed with those thick, wonderful eyelashes that frame your eyes perfectly, some of these facts may be very scary. Losing an eyelash or more a day? Knowing how slowly they grow? Are those frightening facts for you? Did you know that just like the stars perfect their hairdos with hair extensions, you can perfect your lashes – turn them into long and lush – with lash extensions. It may be the most amazing beauty transformation you ever experience. Find a lash extension studio and see what they can do for you and your eyes!