You want to lose weight so you try and try again. It just isn’t working. Here are 5 reasons diets fail. Does one of them seem all too familiar to you?
1. You have commitment problems. It may be that you’re just looking for a quick fix and notthinking about the long term. Or, maybe, after a few days of really, really watching yourcalories, you decide you need – and deserve – a treat. Oops, you just fell off the wagon. Dieters may need a fast weight loss to encourage them for the long haul, but it is a long haul and you have to give some thought to making permanent changes that will lead to a healthier you!
2. You are an impatient person. You need a fast start to encourage you to continue. You may alsoneed help to stick with a quick weight loss plan. If you’re doing it with some crazy soup or byjust counting calories without a plan, you probably are going to have a hard time achieving your short term goal, let alone the long term one. Look at a variety of options – including quick weight loss plans – and talk to your doctor or a weight loss professional to see if one is right for you.
3. You feel like a loser. But, not a weight loss loser. They had that cake in the breakroom for your friend’s birthday or the pizza you bought “just for the kids” called you by name. You simply hada bad day, but in your mind, you’ve already failed. So, you follow the pizza with a fizzy, high-calorie drink or you take your friend out for a big (huge!) lunch. You have to stay with it! Thatmeans even when you make a mistake, you pick yourself up and get back on track.
4. You don’t track your intake. While you may have read that you can get thin by thinking thin, it’s not going to work. The idea of a diet plan is the right idea. You need a plan and you need to know that you’re sticking to it. So whether it’s paying attention to the plan and sticking with it or keeping a food diary, you’ve got to know that you’re meeting the requirements of your chosen plan so you can lose weight.
5. You make binging easy. After all, your kids are skinny so why shouldn’t you have some chips in the house or candy? Make it easy on yourself. When you decide it’s time to lose weight, clean out the pantry and the fridge. Whatever your biggest temptation is – it shouldn’t be waiting behind a cupboard door.
When you get serious about losing weight for a healthier, more energetic you, don’t be afraid to gethelp. You might want to join a diet program or you might want to talk to a medical weight loss center. These centers have a weight loss specialist on staff and can make your diet easier to follow with medical grade diet shots. If you’ve tried and failed and know the time is now, get the help you need.